Title: Social Media Coordinator
Date: May 2022
Reports to: Director of Content Marketing
Overview of Position:
This position is primarily responsible for creating social content for Visit Tybee, The Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, Visit Savannah Meetings & Conventions and deploying a social media strategy as directed by the Director of Content Marketing.
- Develops and deploys a social media strategy that aligns with business goals and objectives.
- Develops, writes and schedules editorial content for all of the above listed social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok across all appropriate brands.
- Builds, maintains and nurtures strong social media communities through community management and engagement.
- Sources and secures approval of user-generated content for use in social channels for Visit Tybee.
- Compile and report on social media monthly performance for all leisure and non-leisure brands.
- Position requires time out of office attending events and gathering content for the Savannah & Tybee communities, including Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce sponsored events.
- Understands Visit Tybee’s business objectives and develops solutions to meet those needs.
- Assist the Video Production contractor to gather and shoot content for social channels, especially Visit Tybee and non-lesisure projects.
- Maintain a social media calendar to track content and anticipate any upcoming local event coverage.
- Periodically writing editorial content for brand websites.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday in the Tybee office, with meeting attendance at Visit Savannah as needed.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Visit Tybee and Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce brands.
- Strong understanding of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok) and social trends like Instagram Stories, IGTV, Reels and Facebook Live.
- Strong language and writing skills necessary
- Basic social media knowledge and skill a plus, though not required
- Must be a self-starter; self-motivated, eager to learn, excel and multi-task
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. This position requires occasional domestic and international business travel. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Pamela Knowles, [email protected]. No calls please.
Updated as of: 5/20/2022