Title: Marketing Internship
Date Posted: May 2, 2024
Overview of Position:
The Marketing Intern for Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee Island will assist the marketing & communications team in coordinating and implementing multiple projects that support various areas of marketing, including content development, websites, email, advertising, PR and more. After completing several core projects and assisting and shadowing different areas of the organization, this Marketing Intern will understand the type of work and roles that make up a Destination Marketing Organization.
- Assist with marketing asset library organization project, assuring that our photo and video files are up to date, labeled correctly, and organized.
- Conduct a content website audit for Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee Island, ensuring current business information.
- In partnership with other marketing & chamber staff, spend time in the community visiting our members, dropping off guides or any other materials they may need, answering questions, and building relationships.
- Assist with PR team editor gift sourcing, providing ideas and coordinating purchases and deliveries.
- Deliver website content ideas and suggestions, and work closely with the content coordinator to help gather content information needed to complete editorials.
- Copyediting for spelling and grammar on emails, releases, and other projects as assigned.
- Build and edit PowerPoint presentations for use at various meetings and industry events.
- Shadow and support different areas of the Visit Savannah and Visit Tybee Island teams, including but not limited to public relations, advertising, content, sales, sports marketing and more.
- Other projects & duties as assigned.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
- Currently enrolled in (junior or senior year preferred) or recent graduate from a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, hospitality, or a similar field.
- Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Due to school schedules adjusting each year, this internship is estimated to run June – August, with exact dates to be set at the time of hire. Hours are estimated to be 20 – 25 hours per week three days per week, the exact schedule to be agreed upon at the time of offer.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Angela Westerfield ([email protected]). No calls please.