Savannah Meeting Planner FAQs
In This Article
Planning a meeting or convention in Savannah? Our team answers the most frequently asked questions we hear from planning professionals.
Plant Riverside District
General Planning Resources
What sets Savannah apart from other destinations?
- Savannah is a bucket-list destination where storied history, coastal cuisine, diverse entertainment and an expanding convention center contribute to unforgettable meeting experiences.
- See the top 10 reasons to host your next event in Savannah.
What’s new in Savannah?
- Scheduled to open in 2024, the expanded Savannah Convention Center will be double its size growing to 200,000 square feet of exhibit space.
- Learn more about the major expansion project.
- See a list of what’s new this year in Savannah.
- Explore Savannah's newest entertainment district, Plant Riverside!
Do you offer hosted and funded FAMs?
- While we always prefer to take on our customer's specific needs and host site inspections, we do offer the occasional FAM targeted at groups utilizing 100,000 - 200,000 square feet of exhibit space.
- If you’re interested in attending a FAM in Savannah, fill out and submit a FAM application.
Does Savannah offer competitive hotel room rates?
- Savannah will always be an exceptional value given everything the destination offers to groups and conventions.
- The packages that Visit Savannah creates for convention planners deliver record attendance and reduced operational expenses with value-added opportunities for attendees.
What can I expect after I submit my RFP?
- Thank you for your interest in hosting your next meeting in Savannah!
Once you submit your RFP, one of our local sales managers will reach out directly to gain insight on your meeting requirements and needs. We want to provide exceptional service to connect you with the service providers best suited to address your specific requests.
What DMCs do you work with?
- Destinations DMC is a destination management company that assists in every phase of program development, plus services and resources for planning from meeting logistics to experiential activities and everything in between.
- Local service providers include Savannah Destination Management, ETHOs Event Collective, Outside Savannah and RMC DMC.
How do I safely meet in Savannah?
What is the weather like in the different seasons?
- The weather in Savannah is moderate year-round, with an abundance of sunshine. See what to pack for every season when meeting in Savannah.
The Savannah Belles Ferry
What services can you offer for my meeting?
- See all destination services Visit Savannah can provide for meetings and conventions, from providing visitor guides to coordinating activities.
- Pre-planning visits including tours of the convention center and hotels, interviews with local companies and inspection of off-site venues
- Passkey Housing, a unique and customized hotel reservation portal, for city-wide conventions contracting 600 or more room nights on peak for a minimum of two nights
- Comprehensive Convention Transportation Package for qualified convention groups – planning and ground and water transportation fees covered by Visit Savannah
- "Show Us Your Badge" program for convention-goers offers discounts at a number of restaurants, attractions, shops and specialty businesses in the area
What can I expect from the ferry service to get my group around?
- Savannah Belles Water Ferry boats can take up to 150 people per ride across the river to the Savannah Convention Center in just three minutes.
- The ferry is free and runs every 20 minutes. For larger groups, we can add additional boats that increase the lift and frequency.
Are there any Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities to incorporate into our meeting?
- Yes, Visit Savannah’s Corporate Social Responsibility program enables an organization to get involved with volunteer activities that benefit Savannah’s local community and environment. Please contact us for more information about how your group can give back when meeting in the city.
What resources can you provide to help me promote my meeting?
- Take advantage of our easy-to-use social media toolkit for meeting planners, which is full of ideas to help you create posts that engage your attendees and get them excited about meeting in Savannah.
For all of your service needs, please contact Stephanie Muehlher, Destination Service Manager, at [email protected] or 912-644-6426.
Savannah Convention Center Expansion
Meeting Venues & Spaces
When can I book the expanded Savannah Convention Center for my event?
- We are booking January 2024 and beyond. Book now, Meet new.
- VIDEO: Introducing the newly expanded Savannah Convention Center
During construction, will the Savannah Convention Center still be open for meetings and conventions?
- Yes, contact our sales team or submit your RFP to plan your meeting or convention.
What’s the largest hotel near the Savannah Convention Center?
- Recently renovated and adjacent to the Savannah Convention Center, the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa features 403 guest rooms, over 35,000 square feet of onsite meeting space, and much more.
What are some outdoor event space options for my large group?
Which venues are unique spaces for meetings?
Which Savannah hotels have meeting space?
Kelly Tours Gray Line Savannah
ACTIVITIES, DINING, & ENTERTAINMENT
What are some of the lesser-known experiences I can add to my itinerary?
- See a list of unexpected things to do in Savannah.
- Check out these five hidden gems in Savannah.
- See our guide to venturing off the beaten path.
What unique offerings and experiences can I incorporate into my event?
- See the variety of unique group offerings.
- See fun excursions you can have with your group when meeting in Savannah.
- See things to do in Savannah’s Historic Landmark District.
- See some of Savannah’s top tours for groups.
What are some popular unique group dining options?
The Original Crab Shack on Tybee Island.
Need Planning Inspiration?
Download our Meeting Planner Guide — a comprehensive resource for planning meetings and conventions in Savannah.
Check out our meetings and conventions-focused blog to start getting ideas of the experiences and opportunities to add to your group’s itinerary.
Interested in extending your group's visit to include Savannah's Beach? Learn more about Tybee Island or download our Tybee Island Group Planner Guide.
HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?
Our warm and friendly team of experts would love to hear from you, and will help answer any questions you have about planning your meeting or convention.